November 20, 2015

Seven Things: random thoughts

'girl blogging/go away'
01/ Is making lists like these lazy blogging? Maybe. But I do have to think up things to write and also, I do take the time to edit them.

02/ I've given up on trying to leave long comments except for the occasional random one. I've been leaving very brief comments and it just doesn't seem fair to bloggers who work hard on their content. But it is what it is. Good comments are hard to write. There is always this need to be nice; to be kind; to leave good thoughts; to be non-offensive; to make it sound like you're not desperate for attention; to sound like you're not just there so they would visit you in return, etc, etc, etc... I guess I just don't have the patience like I used to.

03/ Is it rude to ask someone who is giving you a ride home and is driving very fast, to slow down so you wouldn't throw up in their car? I mean, it was really, really fast. I just think if you don't want to give someone a ride home, then say no.

04/ In September, after I finished the interview series, I asked readers to leave me questions and I was going to answer them in a post but since there are not many questions, I'm answering them here:

(a) What are your favourite foods?
I have too many to list here but I'll list a few: pizza, chicken congee, egg drop soup, dragon eye fruit, orange soda, cream soda, spam (yes, spam but only if they are fried), bake ziti, spaghetti with tomato sauce, anything Italian (except meatballs), tangerines, lollipop with gum in the center, noodle soup, chicken soup...

(b) Did you read or add any of the books to your reading list that were mentioned?
I only read the one book that was recommended: Writing down the bones by Natalie Goldberg which I think is a rather good book on writing, not so much as instructions but a book that could get you motivated or get interested in writing.

(c) What's your favourite colour?
I usually said 'blue' like the sky after a rain shower but it really depends on what kind day it is and what kind of mood I'm in. This quote from  Sir Winston Churchill says it rather well: "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns."

05/ I am starting to think bloggers don't use blogrolls anymore. It's more likely they use feeders or readers instead so now it's harder to find new blogs because I can't browse someone's blogroll anymore.

06/ Did you know it is not necessary to check the 'Please prove you're not a robot' box if you're at a Blogger/Blogspot blog when leaving a comment?  I've stopped checking the box and my comments go through without problems.

07/ I heard this from the tv series Charmed and thought it sounded so perfect for me, well, on most days anyway: "A girl got a right to vacillate."

16 comments:

  1. I think lists do kind of count as lazy blogging, but whatever. I do lists all the time. (Even though... I'm not what you could call a really excellent blogger. lol)

    Regarding your comments Comment, YES! I know that feeling! It's stressful and exhausting leaving comments! (Which is why I'm so *very* bad at it.)

    I think it's ruder to throw up in their car than it is to ask them to slow down. Haha, I guess it's picking the lesser of two evils.

    mmm. I think blogrolls are getting to be old-fashioned, which is sad, because one of my favorite things to do, when I have time, is to just blog surf and find new blogs to like, you know?

    Anyway, HI!! I can't believe I haven't come here before, but your art is beautiful! And I know I could probably find out if I just looked through your blog more thoroughly, but I'm just going to ask to make it easier lol. What program do you use to color in your art? I'm considering trying out digital art, but I don't even know where to start. So I'm asking someone who obviously knows what's what! lol.

    Anyway, cheers!
    Treskie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually draw by hand, scan it into the computer and color it digitally with Adobe Photoshop. but for this drawing, I use Adobe Illustrator to draw and color and then use Photoshop to add shading and shadows and whatever else that I might want to add. I'm sure there are other tools - maybe even better ones - for drawing but I'm used to Photoshop and Illustrator so I can't really say they are better than others but they are certainly better than most.

      it really is sad that blogrolls are going away like blogging but that doesn't mean they aren't around, it's just harder to find. I still keep my blogroll though.

      thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. Great and interesting thoughts. Lists are inevitable I'm afraid and it is what it is I guess. As to leaving comments, I try to leave comments on each blog I visit.
    Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to leave a comment or two but I find I just couldn't do it sometimes so I just leave it at that.

      thanks for stopping by. have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  3. Interesting thoughts today, I tend to leave short comments but hopefully people appreciate that I stopped by to see what they had to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I certainly appreciate any comment, long or short, so thank you for this.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. #3. if you do not feel comfortable is is absolutely ok to let people know. people can not always guess what we are feeling and needing.

    6. yes, isn't that great, no clicking, no filling in the spam words, just carry on.

    thanks for sharing more of you, with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by so often. you're very kind.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Interesting thoughts. I like lists and I make a list for almost everything. :)

    I also tend to leave quite short comments, I would often like to write more, but as I try to leave a comment every time I visit a blog (and i visit a lot of blogs), it is not always possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, there are just so many blogs, we don't always have the time to post a comment on every one of them, but it's good to know they're there.

      thanks for dropping, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful drawing! I love it! I don't think it is rude to ask the person to slow down. I mean, you really don't want to throw up in somebody's car. :) And making lists is a great thing to do! I do not know what my favourite colour is. There are just so many beautiful ones!
    Hope you are having a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the drawing too, I had fun creating it.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Good thoughts per usual, Lissa. BTw, I had never heard of Congee until jsut now so had to look it up. Looks yummy. :)

    I'm glad you do lists as I rarely see those any more and they are always fun to read. I always learn something new.

    Yes, re: comments-- I thin it one is not going to leave a meaningul comment then don;t bother. Simply saying "nice" is hardly worth it. I like to make sure that I only comment when I feel it;s warranted for whatever reason and then to make sure it actually says something unique so the blogger can enjoy the read. It doesn't have to be super nice but it should enrich somehow I think .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. making list is certainly easier and easier to read too.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. Great post! Let's us know you a little more. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? I guess I don't reveal as much as I would like.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut