May 23, 2015

Unpopular Since 2006

April of this year marked my 9th year as a blogger. Since I've blogged so long, I thought I share some secrets to being unpopular in the blogosphere:

01/ Be unsociable: Skip out on all social networking - this includes Facebook, Twitter or whatever media that usually drives you to insanely tap the keys of your phone just to keep up.

02/ Lose confidently: don't bother chasing back the readers that have left you.

03/ Be unconventional: Follow blogs by going directly to them and reading them and maybe even leave a comment or two.

04/ Don't show yourself too much: Post things about yourself in very subtle instances and with as few words as possible. Don't even mention any real details.

05/ Keep things long: Post long posts that somehow doesn't get read.

06/ Quote everybody: Say what you want with someone else's words.

07/ Answer only if you want to: Reply to comments & questions only when you feel like it.

08/ Be very selective: Comment on blogs that you like and only when you feel like it.

09/ Be nosy: Tell people when there is something wrong with their blogs, i.e., broken links, missing images & such.

10/ Post at irregular times and sometimes not at all: Only post when you want to.

11/ Celebrate everything: Celebrate blog anniversaries, reaching a large amount of posts, birthdays, other people's birthdays, holidays you probably have not even heard of, etc.

12/ Don't apology for anything: not for your blogging absence; not for being unable to comment; not for declining blog awards; not for being unable to participate in surveys, series; not for being unable to return a blog visit; etc.

What do you do that makes you/your blog unpopular?

Note: list is updated from 2013

16 comments:

  1. 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12 - we're so alike, I couldn't agree more! Especially "be very selective" - it's your time on the internet, make of it what you will, not what others think you should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right about it being it's your time and you do what you want but sometimes, there's this guilt and you had to get yourself over to a blog and hope your visit would be enough.

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Lissa congrats on 9 years! Blogging is something I do for myself as much as for others and that is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all like to do that but sometimes we forget.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Hilarious! I do many of these things, alas. One thing I would add to your list is, "Be inconsistent. Post on a variety of unrelated topics with no overarching theme so your blog can not be easily categorised and marketed to a particular audience."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that one is good and that is sometimes how I blog too.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. You are lissa who blogs with no apologies - luv it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for saying that but sometimes I do feel like I should apology but not as much as I used.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Ha, fun post. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! & thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Haha, this makes me chuckle! I do many of these I think...perhaps that's why my blog isn't making me any money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about making money off blogs but these are definitely not good ways.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. :)) love it! I always feel like I need to apologize when I don't find much time for blogging but I guess everybody knows how that is. Sometimes life does not leave you much time for your blog. Happy 9th anniversary, Lissa! That's very impressive! Have a great day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one those habits that is hard to break, we even apology when there's nothing wrong.

      thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

      Delete
  8. So nice to visit you here and thank you for visiting and commenting in my corner of the world!
    It's funny, but I don't even care for the word 'blog' ! It would be so nice to invent something more beautiful and flowing!
    As for blogging in general, I feel that the happiest solution is to be totally ourselves and blog from the heart. Being ourselves attracts kindred spirits and creates beautiful connections all over the world - making us into a big worldwide group of friends that have lots of things in common!

    Be seeing you in the flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for the word 'blog' either, I've always have trouble pronouncing it. I think the word 'weblog' or web log, is much better but the word does make sense.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut