May 15, 2015

Get to know your fellow blogger: Carrie

Carrie from Carrie Loves
Here is the first blogger for the 'Get to know your fellow blogger' Q&A series: Carrie from Carrie Loves

[ Part I: About blogging ]

01/ How many blogs do you have that are currently active?
I have one blog at carrieloves.com

02/ What is your blog about? Do you have a tag line?
My tagline is life. love. design. and I tend to blog about blog design as well as entertainment (though, just what's entertaining to me), plus little snippets about my life here and there.

03/ Is your blog a reflection of you or just a place for your creative/personal outlet?
It's a little bit of both. I only have one blog so I like to incorporate both my creative and personal posts.

04/ How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Oh, gosh. When I first started my blog it was back in 2007 and I called it Carrie & the Koehmstedts. Super long title, I know! I snagged up koehmstedt.com and blogged under that name for a while. Then, I switched the name to Carrie Loves... I was dabbling with another blog called Carrie Loves posting all of the things I wanted to buy - Carrie Loves this and Carrie Loves that. I eventually did away with that and adopted the name to my blog so that koehmstedt.com became carrieloves.com. It's so much easier to read, spell and pronounce.


05/ Do you have a blogroll or a reading list of your favorite blogs? If not, then what blogs do you like reading?
I do and I don't. I have a feed list set up over on Bloglovin' that I read everyday, but I don't have a list set up on my blog for other people to check out. And, my feed list ranges from humor to DIY to blog designers to friends and family. I like using Bloglovin' to read blogs because it only gives you a snippet of the post + picture and when you click for more you're taken to the actual blog. Going to someone's blog is great for a number of reasons, but my two favorite are that it bumps up their traffic numbers and I get to check out their blog designs (it's always a bonus when I find a redesign... it's my favorite kind of surprise!)

06/ What category or categories do you think your blogs falls under? For example: a book blog, a cooking blog, an art blog, etc. OR simply just a blog?
I would say a lifestyle blog, though I'm sure that's probably an over generalization. Maybe I'm just a blog.


07/ Do you have a blogging schedule or do you post any time you like?
Nope, no schedule, I do as I please, when I please. I think if I set up a schedule it would be a recipe for disaster... it would give me something to ignore (it's what I do.) As it is right now, I just post as creativity strikes me - that's more me, being spontaneous.

08/ As a designer, is there anything that you include in your blog that you might not include when you design other people's blog?
No, I think I offer all of the same bells and whistles that you find on my blog for my client's blogs as well. I love sharing and if I can help someone by sharing what I know and use - then all the better.

09/ What do you wish bloggers would stop doing on their blogs?
POP UPS!!!! I hate them all! I don't care how pretty some of them are nowadays, they are all gross. Oh, and music/noise, sadly this is still a thing. I've notices ads with music that start playing out of the blue - highly annoying.

10/ What advice did you wish someone had given to you when you first started blogging?
I wish I knew to use my own voice throughout all of my posts. And, also that Google images are not free to use.

[ Part II: 
About the blogger ]



01/ Do you have a nickname? If you have more than one, do you have a preference?
Nope, just Carrie.


02/ List 7 words to describe you.
Creative, introvert, organized, dreamer, spontaneous, romantic, and sensitive.


03/ If you do not have to worry about time or money, what is your favorite way to spend your day?
On a tropical beach & the sun shining, with a cold drink & a great book.


04/ Do you still read books made from trees? Or have you gone digital?
Mostly digital now. But, if I'm learning something I'd rather it be a physical paper book so that I can easily reference things - I haven't quite got the hang of that digitally, though I'm sure I will someday.

05/ What is the one book that you love that you would recommend to just about everybody?
Oh, my reading tastes are not mainstream, so I'm not sure what I love would be well received by others... I'm a paranormal sci-fi dystopian romance kind of girl and I love a book series. Ha, with that said how about the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon... with the Starz TV show rekindling the book series it's all that has me occupied these days. And, I just got my best friend hooked, so that's something.

06/ Do you have a favorite item or items that you often use and would not wish to live without?
I have a really bad back so I'm not sure what I would do without ibuprofen and my heating pad... dark times those would be.

07/ List 7 of your favorite things.
Coffee with friends, going out to dinner, getting manicures & pedicures, snuggling with my dogs, finishing a design project I'm proud of, Ritz crackers + goat cheese, and Mexican food.


08/ When are you most creative/productive? The morning, the afternoon or night or just about any time?
Mid-day, in the afternoon is my time for creativity - I'm definitely not a morning person and at night I like to wind down and just relax.


09/ Tell us something that you want people to know that they do not already know or simply something you wish they know.
Oh gosh... I hate high heels, I mostly wear tennis shoes and flip flops; if I had to I could sew all my clothes and make all my jewelry, but I'd rather not; and, a great fitting bra will change your life.

10/ Draw, write, photograph or use any form of communication something that represents you in some way. 

19 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend going to someone's blog directly, not only for adding traffic but to see how they style their blog and the way they have their blog set up is a big part of their personality.

    I'm definitely not a morning people and like Carrie I am more productive in the afternoon, I think it's perhaps the morning is over and that you are more awake.

    & I definitely dislike high heels as well, I really wonder what the inventor was thinking, oh sure, it makes your feet look good but the comfort level is really low.

    I think this is the first time the word 'bra' has ever appear on my blog or any of my blogs, suppose there will be people coming here and looking for bras now.

    great interview, thank you Carrie! have a lovely, lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including me Lissa, I love counting you as one of my best blog friends! xo

      Delete
    2. I think you are the second blogger that I knew when I started blogging, well, that might not be true but I certainly remember you. thanks again! have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Carrie sounds really nice, great interview Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she is & she is great to work with if you ever need a blog redesign.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Carrie's blog here Lissa and something about her personal likes and dislikes too. I'm going to check it out right now. Have a super weekend, G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, do visit Carrie's blog when you can get a chance.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Its a really nice interview, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that I think about it, I guess I should have ask Carrie about her work process when creating a blog template but perhaps next time.

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Really enjoyed reading this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. I would have make it longer and ask more questions but I like to make it a little easier. 20 questions is not too much is it?

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love that picture. The dog looks so adorable! I do not like high heels either. I mean, some of them look good but they are just way too uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps you should visit Carrie's instagram (https://instagram.com/carrieloves/) - she has tons of photos of her dogs. they're all very cute.

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. thanks for sharing that interview, I follow Carrie and now you, I would love to win a free template that would just be mint (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since you're the only one that use the word, you'll probably win. you'll find found this friday.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. I loved reading more about Carrie. I love her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. I don't even remember how I found Carrie's blog but it must have been through blog group or even before the group. I've always like how she designs her blogs.

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  9. Great photo Carrie. Sending healing vibes your way. Waving at you from ole Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got around to this and it;s wonderful. Loved so many of her replies, especialyl her fave things and what she enjoys most. Her site is definitely a desinger's too. Well laid out. Thank you for posting! another fun write up.

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut