May 22, 2015

Get to know your fellow blogger: Christine

This week's blogger is: Christine from Christine's Blog

[ Part I: About blogging ]
01/ How many blogs do you have that are currently active?
I have 2...Christine's Blog and What's Happening

02/ What are your blogs about? Do you have tag lines?


Christine's Blog is 'a life journal' ; 

What's Happening is about 'things that grab my attention.' 

I'm not really sure what a tagline is.  I don't have the slogan registered anywhere.



03/ Is your blog a reflection of you or just a place for your creative/personal outlet?


My blog is a reflection of me because I tend to include things that interest me or that I find beautiful. I will also include snippets of my personal life, family and friends.



04/ How did you come up with the name for your blog? 
I didn't give it much thought, to be honest...Christine's Blog...plain and simple! 



05/ Do you have a blogroll or a reading list of your favorite blogs? If not, then what blogs do you like reading?
I do have a blogroll consisting of both longtime and new blog friends.  It seems to be an assortment of friends with different interests.  Being a loyal sort, I tend to stay in touch for a long time.



06/ What category or categories do you think your blogs falls under? For example: book blog, a cooking blog, an art blog, etc. OR simply just a blog?
It would be a journal blog.



07/ Do you have a blogging schedule or do you post any time you like? 
I post daily.



08/ Do you use a blog template (brought or free from the net) or do you design your own blog? 
I use a Blogger template.



09/ List 3 things that you always have on your blog.  
I have a language converter, a blog roll, and links to the art co-ops I contribute to.



10/ What advice did you wish someone had given to you when you first started blogging?  
Be careful what you say, it is the blogsphere, not a vacuum as I first felt!


[ 
Part II: About the blogger ]
01/ Do you have any nicknames? If you have more than one, do you have a preference?
Some people call me Chris, I am fine with that, or with my full name Christine.



02/ List 7 words to describe you.  
This was a hard one:  loyal, organized, responsible, compassionate, diligent, mom, clever.  That sounds boring.



03/ If you do not have to worry about time or money, what is your favorite way to spend your day?  
A nice long walk, stopping off for latte and a treat.  Just a latte if I happen to be watching my weight!



04/ What are some of your favorite hobbies?  
Blogging, painting for the art co-ops, walking, aerobics, learning new things



05/ What is the one book that you love that you would recommend to just about everybody? 
I recently read Looptail, Bruce Poon Tip's true story of how he founded G Adventures, the world's largest adventure travel company, with 2 credit cards.  It is a fascinating read.



06/ Do you have a favorite item or items that you often use and would not wish to live without?  
That would be my laptop.



07/ List 7 of your favorite things.
music, good food, alone time, blogging, my art, family, beautiful things



08/ When are you most creative/productive? The morning, the afternoon or night or just about any time?  
In the morning when I have more energy!  I was a night person when I was younger.



09/ Many of your art used photo references, do you seek them out on purpose or do you just get inspired to draw without even thinking? 
I need photo references, maybe because I am very visual.  I will see something that catches my eye, then maybe I will be inspired to come up with my own interpretation, always aware of copyright restrictions.



10/ Draw, write, photograph or use any form of communication something that represents you in some way.


I think my smile represents me, I smile a lot, with everyone I meet.
self portrait by Christine

22 comments:

  1. I envy you, Christine, I could never post daily but I guess you're more discipline than me.

    I do too thought you can post whatever you like at first but I find I seem to not want to post personal things anymore, I guess that is why it's good thing there is such thing as a delete button!

    your 7 words that describe you is exactly what I thought it would be, it's not boring, it's normal, it's what I would aspire to.

    I can't live without my laptop either, I had it broke down twice and both times, I was just in a strange daze, unable to concentrate and wondering why it takes so long to get it fix.

    your self portrait is wonderful. you do have a great smile.

    I'm glad you participated. you are so sweet! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely self portrait and I thought the interview was quite candid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for doing this Lissa, they were great questions, totally non-intrusive that anyone would be comfortable participating in. I will link up to this post on my blog in tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should thank you for answering the questions. so, thank you!

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Good interview and what a fun self-portrait.Well done Christine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Love this.For a long time Im stopping by in her blog and love it.
    I love her paints!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Christine's art are wonderful too!

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. This was so much fun to read! I really enjoy learning about my favourite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too enjoy reading about Christine. in this blogosphere, it's rather hard to know people so it's good to know a little more about a blogger every now and then.

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed this so much, a lovely look at a beautiful person I am proud to call friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I could not agree more. Christine is wonderful!

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  9. This was very nice, thank you! Christine is such a sweet person, it's great to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Christine's way of expressing herself through her artwork, so it's nice to know a little more about here.

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  10. Alone time is clearly a wonderful thing. I always enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone should enjoy some alone time, it's good for you.

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  11. Pleased to meet you Christine. Your smile is enchanting. I need my alone time and my laptop too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, alone time and alone with our laptops, definitely.

      thanks for reading, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  12. Christine, thanks for the self-portrait. It's nice to be able to put a face to the words I read :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought that is a rather good self portrait. most people aren't so good at self portraits because we always trend to make ourselves worse looking than we really are.

      thanks for stopping by, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut