May 29, 2015

Get to know your fellow blogger: Katrin

katrin from land of Candy Canes
This week's blogger is: Katrin from Land of Candy Canes
[ Part I: About blogging ]
01/ How many blogs do you have that are currently active?
I only have one blog. I started it a couple of years ago. I do not find as much time as I want to for my blog at the moment but I hope I will be able to get back to writing more often soon.

02/ What is your blog about? Do you have a tag line?
I write about the things that are close to my heart: my animals, books, my daily life, being vegan, food, animal rights and so on.

03/ Is your blog a reflection of you or just a place for your creative/personal outlet?
It's definitely both. I write about the things that are important for me.

04/ How did you come up with the name for your blog?
It is named after a song.

05/ Do you have a blogroll or a reading list of your favorite blogs? If not, then what blogs do you like reading?
I do have such a list. I have met some wonderful people because of my blog and I enjoy reading their blogs very much. There are all kinds of blogs....personal blogs, blogs about books, vegan-related topics, art, lifestyle and so on.

06/ What category or categories do you think your blogs falls under? For example: book blog, a cooking blog, an art blog, etc. OR simply just a blog?
Well, there is not just one category. I really have no idea how to categorize my blog. There are so many things that are important to me so I guess I just call it the "Close to my heart blog."

07/ Do you have a blogging schedule or do you post any time you like?

I wish I had one. I used to post at least 2 times a week, even more at the beginning. I want to get back to posting twice a week but I usually just post when I have something in my mind that I find worth sharing and when I find the time to come up with a post.

08/ Do you use a blog template (brought or free from the net) or do you design your own blog?
I did design the blog on my own years ago and it is clearly time for a new design. I already know how I want it to look like. I just need to start working on it. I am not really good at it so it will definitely be a challenge.

09/ List 3 things that you always have on your blog.
An introduction page which is called "About me" (very creative), a gadget that shows that I am against animal testing and animal cruelty and a blog roll.

10/ What advice did you wish someone had given to you when you first started blogging?

You do not have to come up with a post every single day.


[ 
Part II: About the blogger ]
01/ Do you have any nicknames? If you have more than one, do you have a preference?
My family and close friends often call me "Kaddy" which started in my childhood and stuck.

02/ List 7 words to describe you.
Book-nerd, vegan, animal-lover, crazy cat/bunny lady, stubborn, chaotic, confused.

03/ If you do not have to worry about time or money, what is your favorite way to spend your day?
Being with animals, reading, doing something creative, going to a flea market, read some more. Oh and eating.

04/ What are some of your favorite hobbies that people might not know about?
Spending a lot of time at flea markets searching for weird things like dog shaped tea pots.

05/ What is the one book that you love that you would recommend to just about everybody?
There isn't "the one book" but I always recommend the Adrian Mole diaries by Sue Townsend and the crime novels by Henning Mankell, Håkan Nesser, Jussi Adler Olsen and Arnaldur Indriðason. I love crime novels.

06/ Do you have a favorite item or items that you often use and would not wish to live without?
A cozy and fuzzy blanket that always keeps me warm on my couch. The cats love it as well. That was the first item that came into my mind because I am sitting on the couch right now.

07/ List 7 of your favorite things.
1. My book collection.
2. A ring from my mom.
3. A really old sewing machine, also from my mom.
4. My iPad and laptop because I use them every day.
5. A teddy bear.
6. My bed because I really love to sleep.
7. Chocolate.

08/ When are you most creative/productive? The morning, the afternoon or night or just about any time?

I would say in the evening/at night. That's also my favorite time for studying. Also, I am most productive when I am under a lot of pressure. My most unproductive time of the day would be in the early afternoon.

09/ Tell us something that you want people to know that they do not already know or simply something you wish they know.
I read those quotes recently and they stuck in my mind:
"You can't do anything violent humanely. Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

10/ Draw, write, photograph or use any form of communication something that represents you in some way.
I have chosen this picture because I love animals so much that even my shoes show that I am crazy animal person. I could never imagine a life without animals. They make me happy and I feel responsible for every single one of them. My dream would be to be able to live on a farm with lots of rescued animals and run my own sanctuary.

Also, my answers to these questions are posted at Katrin's blog which you can visit here.

19 comments:

  1. Yay Katrin! I would also like to describe her as kind, open, caring, sweet, awesome and a wonderful friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Erin...you are so sweet! I don't know what to say! You are such a fantastic friend!

      Delete
  2. Katrin, I like that you've listed your bed as one of your favorite thing. I think I should add that to my list of favorite things because reading in bed during the winter days is such a great thing.

    I'm not a pet owner but you sure make me want to be one. that is, when I'm not afraid of the animals of biting me.

    it's very kind of you to take the time out to answer the 20 questions. I know some of questions are pretty hard. I'm grateful that you took the time. & I love those cat shoes. thank you again Katrin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lissa, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity. It really means a lot to me. Thank you! I am so glad you like my cat shoes. I could not resist and had to buy them!

      I love my bed, it is such a relaxing place. I love to read in bed and cuddle with the kitties of course. :) You should totally meet my cats, they ever bite or scratch. You would fall in love and see that there is no reason to be afraid. :)

      Thank you again! <3

      Delete
  3. Nice reading about you, too Katrin. I love the name of your blog. Makes me hungry lol.
    Lissa, just love the header of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Z! I am glad you enjoyed reading it, Lissa did a great job! And glad I was able to make you hungry. :)

      Delete
    2. thanks Z@KickingKilos. this is one of my favorite header that I did. thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Nice and lovely interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by & reading this.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Nice to meet Katrin, lovely interview Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by & for reading this & visit Katrin when you have time.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Oh! Animal lover and book nerd, I could have used those on my list - describing myself is always one of the tougher questions to answer for me. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, book nerd, I should add that to my list too. thanks for stopping by.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. i think book nerd is a wonderful thing to be
    wonderful quote
    and so lovely to know what makes you happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by & for reading this.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. that was so fun to read, Lissa. WTG, Katrin! I love learning about new people. Yes, obviously a hige heart for animals too.

    Some of her answers in particualr made me smile:

    "Close to my heart blog" for a catagory

    Listing a bed b/c I love to sleep and learning the curiosity of "Spending a lot of time at flea markets searching for weird things like dog shaped tea pots."

    Too too funny. GREAT to get to know her. A new blog to follow too. Thank you Lissa.

    P.S. I so enjoyed reading your replies too. Some were different to what you had written in return to me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time and reading my interview and to leave a comment! I do have a huge heart for animals, that is for sure. <3 Thank you also for following my blog, it means a lot.

      Delete
  9. Katrin, loved reading this and "meeting" your friend in the process. It's always interesting to read how, when or why we blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to know more abt Katrin! I think she is a wonderful person! I would love to meet her in person some day :)

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut