May 12, 2015

Daring to say 'yes'

this piece is titled 'girl of autumn'
this has nothing to do with the post but I thought it's something to look at if you do not like reading

I've started sending out emails for a new Q&A series which I will post on this blog. This new series is my way of getting to know some of my fellow bloggers without actually meeting them in person.

Normally, I wouldn't do this. In person, I would never dare to even ask a single question unless I am really encouraged to do so.  But as I prepared emails after emails, I was still in the process of going against myself and cancel the whole thing but somehow, I sent out that first email without much thinking and even as I regretted it a little, I was happy that I've done it. There is the 50/50 chance of someone saying 'no' but there is also the 50/50 chance of someone saying 'yes'.

There was once a story that read in which John Lennon visited a Yoko Ono show. In one of the installation, you walk up to a ladder and there is a word on the ceiling. The word is 'yes.' And some said that was what make Lennon fell in love with Ono. Well, I don't know if that is true but the reference to the installation was something I still remember.  I thought that was the most positive thing that I have read and I wished I had been there to see that word.

So, 'yes', this is the most daring that I can get. Of cause, it really is easier not being able to see people's faces as they read my request. Answering 20 questions is kind of time consuming so I am very grateful for those who said yes. Thank you for saying 'yes'.

I've decided I will stop this series if I get 10 bloggers to answer my questions. I find it to be exhausting to come up with questions that aren't too cliche or too non-specific. I have a series of 10 questions about blogs and 10 personal type of questions. But strangely, half way in making up these questions, I switch out some questions to fit each particular blogger. I don't know know why I did that. I only know I've already formatted that way and now I cannot change it. It's one of those strange habit where I like things to be the same, like a pair of shoes but maybe some of you know what I'm talking about?

Also, I have updated my introduction/hello page. There's still no picture but then again, there probably will never be one. I really do not want to find myself on the net.

And if you are reading this directly from the blog, you can see that I've changed the look of the blog just a little bit. It is now more of a minty palette. I used to have a blog with this minty palette and I loved it and so now, here's another. I hope you like it.

P.S., if you get a long email from me, please read it or at least read the first few sentences and maybe the last few ones as well. Hope you all have a lovely day.


16 comments:

  1. I look forward to this series, it sounds great. I hope you get all yeses! And that picture, oh my, it's so very lovely. Delicate, whimsical, dreamy. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I also am looking forward to posting the Q&A series, so far, I have some great replies. thanks for dropping by.

      hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. i love what you have done with this beauties hair, so lovely.
    i remember hearing of a course that helped shy people get comfortable with asking for what they want. one of the assignments was to ask ten people out on a date, or walk or coffee. The point was to show people that most likely one person or more will say yes. Otherwise you might stay all alone. I always thought that was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly what I seem to be doing, I find I do have trouble asking people for things or even talk to strangers, so this series is sort of helping me branch out a little.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. Well then, this is a really good excercise for you!

      Delete
  3. first off, I LOVE your "hello" page and especially that wonderfully sublime illustration. Fantastic. I love all those things you mentioned too but can;t recall the last time I watched any "tv show marathons"..if ever. LOL. I have been known to watch a few episodes on Netflix in a row but 3 would be pushing it.

    Yes, if you ever do put a photo of yourself up online, Lissa, just make it low res so no one can use it for anything else and relatively small. I'm always amazed how peeps upload such large hi res images on FB and such that anyone can then download and re-purpose should they have ill intent.

    As it is, I fele I have a good idea what you generally look like, Asia for one! But I relaly waffle on age, not that that matters as we've all met old looking people adn young looking old people. It's all relative.

    I love your blog's mintiness here. So very you and yes, I recall something like this from the past.....let me see now, rifling through my mental category shelf of Lissa blog versions here1 :D So glad to know you a little bit better and am super looking forward to reading these questionnaires. I hope you get tons of replies. I think the important thing here is to promote it regularly and widely to get the readership worth the effort you'll have put into it. I love getting to know others I would never know even in part otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the blog with the mint palette is called 'postcards from the clouds,' I think that was my 3rd or 4th blog which is really just a photo blog of mostly cloud images.

      Delete
  4. BTw, so love your illustration above. I want to see her including in the fairy tale tree theme, if you end up doing it. My mind just wants to run with various stories about her. Love the imagination you bring to life on your pages here. It truly feels like such a privilege to be a part of the audience having the opp to see each piece as you introduce it to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this piece is won't be for the ct theme as I see her more separate from that piece.

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you are getting 'yes'es!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're one of those that said yes, thank you!

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I was happy to say yes . I remember reading that story about john and yoko too, many years ago. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that john/yoko story is more about the installation as I'm not all interest in them.

      thanks for stopping by. have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. I wasn't a fanof yoko but that particular story I liked a lot. Unique and with such a positive ring to it. Have a good week lissa.

      Delete
  7. I love Girl of Autumn. And I am so happy and feel honored that you considered me. So thank you for asking. Cannot wait to read all the posts! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for you for saying yes and taking the time to read and answer the questions. it is very time consuming and I know how busy people are, so thank you!

      have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut